Top Social

Monthly Faves // October 2016

Monday, November 07, 2016
October Favourites Blog Post 2016
This month has been really busy for me this year,
-I've gotten a job as a teachers aide at a school near me which has kept me on my toes. This is my first experience in a classroom so it's exciting but also challenging to see what the future holds considering I'm currently at university to become a primary teacher.
-My little sister Emma graduated highschool, and rented a stretch party hummer with a bunch of her friends to celebrate.
-I've had Christmas on my mind and have almost completely finished my Christmas shopping, as well as completely planned what I'm getting Bryce for his 21st birthday in February.
-I was housesitting at the beginning of the month for some family friends and then my own family went away for a week, which was the first time I had really been in our house alone for so long. For the first time ever, I actually felt like I might be ready to move out.
Anyway, back onto the 'favourite' side of things, here is what I've been loving!
Fashion- 
October Favourites Blog Post 2016October Favourites Blog Post 2016
Denim jacket, Dotti
Somehow in my online shopping dash to buy Christmas presents, I snuck a few bits in for myself as well- this jacket being one of them. I have always been sceptical about oversized jackets on me, casting them aside as 'unflattering' but when dotti had a 30% off everything sale, I decided to bite the bullet and give it a go. I still am a little on the fence as to whether it suits me but Its so comfy and I love how easily it goes with everything. I've definitely been reaching for it to wear pretty much anywhere.
October Favourites Blog Post 2016October Favourites Blog Post 2016
Adidas Gazelles (Mint Green)
I love the colour of these and they are pretty comfy as well.
October Favourites Blog Post 2016
Makeup-
October Favourites Blog Post 2016
Naked 3 Palette-
I've been loving these shades, especially the matte shades in the palette- 'Limit' and 'Nooner'. If I'm feeling like wearing eyeshadow but want a super natural look, I will put 'limit' through my crease and 'nooner' on the outer half of the crease then 'bootycall' from the naked 2 palette on my inner corners.
October Favourites Blog Post 2016
Benefit 'Cha Cha' Tint
I've been using this as a lip tint and am loving it. I find that lipstick always seems to rub off my lips pretty much immediately so tints and stains are my go-to, the colour is nice but the convenience is what makes it great for me.

October Favourites Blog Post 2016
TV-
October Favourites Blog Post 2016
Stranger Things
With TV shows I tend to go all or nothing and this was definitely an 'all'. Bryce and I wanted something to watch one morning and decided to give stranger things a go after seeing so much press online and really enjoyed it. He had to go out and I was left with Netflix....by the end of the day he called me and asked if I wanted to come over to keep watching it and I had to sheepishly admit that I had actually already finished the whole season haha. It was an easy watch and I surprisingly didn't find it too scary. I was so incredibly impressed with the kid actors and thought they could not have casted better for the characters.

October Favourites Blog Post 2016
Food-
October Favourites Blog Post 2016
Shapes 'Light & Crispy' Balsamic Vinegar and Sea Salt
These things are delicious. Like so good. I may or may not be chomping on the box in the photos right now...

October Favourites Blog Post 2016
October Favourites Blog Post 2016
Music-
October Favourites Blog Post 2016
Unsteady- X Ambassadors (Justin Caruso Remix)
This song has been on repeat for the last few days and I'm obsessed. I love how the actual song is pretty slow but with the remix, it's so vib-ey.

October Favourites Blog Post 2016
Other-
October Favourites Blog Post 2016
Indoor Plants
Trust me when I say I have jumped on this bandwagon before but I have always managed to kill them almost instantly. Basically I LOVE indoor plants so Bryce tends to buy them for me the way other people might buy flowers for their girlfriends- to brighten their day or 'say I love you'. The way I see it is that even if I do kill it (which I am bound to), It's around the same price but at least lasts longer than a bunch of flowers. He bought me this beautiful combo of ferns at the beginning of the month and do you see this?!? Not even a hint of brown! I also bought some fresh basil plants for our family herb garden and have been loving grabbing a handful when I cook. Does anyone have any staple indoor plants or ones that are hard to kill? (please don't say cactus because I've even managed to destroy those in the past haha).
October Favourites Blog Post 2016
 
Hope you've enjoyed seeing all the bits I've been loving over the last month, I'm so excited now that we are starting to get the warmer weather which means festive season is almost upon us- YAY!
 
Caitie xx
October Favourites Blog Post 2016


6 comments on "Monthly Faves // October 2016"
  1. I love the denim jacket and mint green shoes!!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos in this post, they're so beautiful.

    -Hannah (hannahtravels13.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the Naked 3 Palette will forever be my favorite. I love all those copper and rose gold tones so much :)
    Love from Berlin,
    Charlotte Luisa | bycharlotteluisa.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loveeee your favourites they so unique and lovely. See you soon, Kisses from London! Dominica.
    www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your list especially those Adidas shoes. They're to die for, so cute! I've heard so much about stranger things and I'll be starting it soon and I'm so excited!

    I also posted my monthly favourites so maybe check em out? :)
    http://lifewithmins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to watch stranger things, so many people love it! I love those adidas.
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete