Top Social

My Bestfriend's Birthday // Gift Guide

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

What Caitie Did, Australian Blogger, Bestfriend Birthday Present Ideas, Birthday Gift Guide
What Caitie Did, Australian Blogger, Bestfriend Birthday Present Ideas, Birthday Gift Guide
So my best friend Tiarney turned 19 on Friday and I thought it might be nice to share what I bought her to hopefully give a few ideas for anyone in need of a gift for a friend. I'll include prices as well so you can get a feeling of what would suit your budget.
What Caitie Did, Australian Blogger, Bestfriend Birthday Present Ideas, Birthday Gift Guide
So an overview of what I bought her:
-Cards Against Humanity (card game) // $30.00
-Tangle Teezer Professional Detangling Brush Purple and Pink // $21.00
-Block of chocolate // $6.00
-Clip-on Camera Lens // $3.79
-Real Techniques Your Base/Flawless Core Collection // $22.60
-Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge // $7.52
-Maybelline Colour Drama Lipstick in 520 "Light it up" // $9.95
So, excluding shipping and the actual box and such, everything cost me around $100.
Okay, now lets get a little more detailed about things...
What Caitie Did, Australian Blogger, Bestfriend Birthday Present Ideas, Birthday Gift Guide, Cards Against Humanity
Cards Against Humanity (card game) // $30.00 - First up, don't buy this if you are offended easily. If you haven't heard about this game before (I'm sure most of you have) you basically have black cards with a fill-in-the-blank type of statement and all players then choose an answer to complete the sentence out of the white cards that they have in their hands (I'm really not the best at explaining things...).
What Caitie Did, Australian Blogger, Bestfriend Birthday Present Ideas, Birthday Gift Guide, Clip-on Phone Lens
Clip-on Camera Lens // $3.79 - I actually bought one for myself a few months ago and loved it so much that I bought a few extra to add to presents for people. Basically it comes with 3 lens (Fish-eye, Macro, Wide Lens) that screw onto a little clip that can attach to any device. It's awesome and can fit into your pocket so it's great for photos on the go.
What Caitie Did, Australian Blogger, Bestfriend Birthday Present Ideas, Birthday Gift Guide
Beauty bits and bobs
What Caitie Did, Australian Blogger, Bestfriend Birthday Present Ideas, Birthday Gift Guide, Real Techniques Core Collection
Real Techniques Your Base/Flawless Core Collection // $22.60 - She's wanted this set for ages so I thought I'd pop it in. It makes a great present for someone who is just starting their makeup collection.
What Caitie Did, Australian Blogger, Bestfriend Birthday Present Ideas, Birthday Gift Guide, Real Techniques Complexion Sponge
Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge // $7.52 - This is another great gift for under $10 that is so nice to receive! 
(I bought both the real techniques products off iHerb - I have made a blog post on this website/company before which you can read here)
What Caitie Did, Australian Blogger, Bestfriend Birthday Present Ideas, Birthday Gift Guide, Tangle Teezer
Tangle Teezer Professional Detangling Brush Purple and Pink // $21.00 - I haven't ever used this (although I may have purchased one for myself to save as a birthday present from me) but have heard great things, and she was using -and loving- a ripoff one from Kmart, so it was nice to surprise her with the real deal.
What Caitie Did, Australian Blogger, Bestfriend Birthday Present Ideas, Birthday Gift Guide
Maybelline Colour Drama Lipstick in 520 "Light it up" // $9.95 - A little lipstick is always a good stocking stuffer right? This one is a really nice red, and I quite like the formula of the Maybelline Color Drama range (as nice as you can get for a $10 lipstick, anyway).

To 'wrap' the present,  I just bought a black and white polka dot box and added some pink tissue paper (is it just me, or does tissue paper make a present so much nicer to open!) and tied with a big white bow. She loved all her presents and she seemed to have a really lovely birthday!
What Caitie Did, Australian Blogger, Bestfriend Birthday Present Ideas, Birthday Gift Guide


Hopefully this gave you a couple of ideas!

If you have any other ideas of things that make good gifts please let me know in the comments!

Caitie x
4 comments on "My Bestfriend's Birthday // Gift Guide"
  1. Such a cute idea! I like the gift basket sort of style super cute! And those real techniques brushes are sooo good!

    xx aubsmeetsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I personally love receiving a bunch of smaller gifts. They really are, I think I have just about all the collections!

    Caitie x
    www.what-caitie-did.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved all my presents Chummy!

    Tiarney x
    www.bakeravenue.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some great birthday present ideas. I love getting people gifts and I try to be creative when picking out stuff. The holiday season is soon approaching .

    anniversary gift

    ReplyDelete